Monday, May 25, 2009

Yard Sale Geek


Yep, I'm a geek. Last Friday I was running little one to school and instead of digging through the pile of flip flops by the door I just grabbed a similar looking pair- why bother I wasn't getting out of the car anyway!

Until I saw the yard sale sign. It was in a wonderful neighborhood. Small, old homes, neatly kept.... I couldn't resist. I pulled up to see a lady hauling off a truck full of stuff. Would there be anything left?

Yes! There were some treasures that were just for me! It was an estate sale of a woman that loved to sew and craft. I found two boxes full of wonderful fabric scraps as well as large pieces. Some of them are vintage gems.

I passed on the big box of polyester.




A few partly finished projects that I can't wait to work on.



Some pretty baubles for 25 cents a pair.


My heart did a happy dance all the way to the car even with my chipped nail polished toes and mismatched shoes.

Pin It!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Maybe the mismatched flip flops are what brought on the lucky sale. I'm glad you found it. (o:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...