Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dumpster Diving

I'm not really a car person- no secret longings for a certain model. When hubby asked me what my dream car was I said, "maybe a Jaguar"- that's one of the few cars I know the name of!


However, having left more than one treasure behind at a yard sale or dumpster dive I've decided I need this


It's perfect. No more calling a friend to use their truck- no more taking the legs off of furniture to try and fit it into my trunk.... see, perfect.

While we are slightly on topic a friend told me she has the best dumpster dives on college campuses the week of finals. She said kids are anxious to head home and don't have a place to store their stuff- so it is just dumped. She has found great TVs, small refrigerators, and some decent furniture.

Another place to look is around apartments the last day or two of the month. Again, people on the move trying to eliminate what they'll have to haul often discard some diamonds in the rough.

Where do you find your treasures?

Not my photos, pictures from here.

Pin It!

1 comment:

Rissa said...

I like that little old truck

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...