Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pom Pom and Bead Garland

My children each get a tree in their rooms that they can decorate and re-decorate to their heart's desire.  I wanted to make this little garland for the tree in my daughter's room last year- I purchased all the supplies but didn't quite get it done.  It is a super simple garland and it came together quickly!


I purchased some pom poms, wood beads & foam beads at Dollar Tree.  This is how I assembled it:

Just take some textured yarn and tie a knot near the end.  Slide on your bead combination and then tie another knot holding them in place. 


Next take a pom pom and open it, pushing the fibers away until you can see the center, put a small drop of hot glue and place the the pom pom on the yarn.  Pull the fibers back in place around the yarn-  move on down your yarn string and tie another knot.

 Push the beads you want into place and knot again.... add pom pom, etc.  I think the garland adds a touch of whimsical fun to her pink and green tree.
signature

Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...