Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Great Furniture Thrift Store in San Antonio

While in San Antonio I was able to visit a few thrift stores.  I was looking for a small piece of furniture to hold piano music books.  While I didn't find just what I wanted I did find a few big pieces that I loved... having left my camera in the hotel room I will show you some similar furniture pictures from off of the web. You can buy this hutch on etsy.


The El Paso Import Company has some fun pieces- go there first if you need inspiration of what you can do with a hunk of wood and some chippy paint.  And of course, there is inspiration all over web land- Picture below from centsational girl.

and this picture from twice twice lovely



For a super duper paint tutorial check out miss mustard seed- she has a couple of different ones.  Now you have the know how-  go to the Old Door Store at 1710 Blanco, San Antonio, TX-  look at their cool stuff, faint when you see the prices, scrape yourself off of the floor and then go next door to the unnamed furniture store (seriously I didn't see a name anywhere).  If you don't find what you need ask the nice owner.  He has another store you can check out.   Solid wood dressers were $65 and I think he would be happy to negotiate prices with you.  There was a huge entertainment hutch- that needed a little extra TLC for only $85. 

I know some of you live in thrifters heaven and you can get amazing prices on furniture- even free stuff on Craigslist.  I don't.  Our salvation army and goodwill sell junky particle board (dinged and warped) shelves for more then you can buy them new at Target.  So these prices are amazing for me and there are so many possibilities!!!
signature

Pin It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks to your suggestion, i made my way to that store and walked away with an awesome table and a rustic candle holder. i only spent $40!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...