Monday, April 25, 2011

Turning a Wine Rack into a Craft Supply Storage Unit


Some time ago at a yard sale in a galaxy not too far away I came across the cutest wine rack.  It had trim and was already distressed- just ready to store my wine in.... except that I don't drink alcohol... I do like homemade root beer... but that is beside the point.

What's a girl to do when she finds a cute steal but to buy it.  It sat at home while I pondered and pondered and pondered how to put it to good use.  I came up with a plan and when I found these long plastic mini bins at Staples 3 for a $1 my plan took off.

I made simple labels out of scrapbook paper.  I attached the labels with white floral wire.  Now my mini crafty storage unit is ready to store various versions of markers, glue sticks, and pencils.  It would also hold spools sorted by color quite nicely.  Or crochet hooks.  Or embroidery floss.  Or paintbrushes.  Or......

signature

Pin It!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this! so cute!

wine cabinet said...

so lovely, great idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...